Friday, June 19, 2009

The McR dinner



The Hertford MCR (Middle Common Room) dinner was fun with all of the friends, but I must say that the food was very . . . interesting. There were two long rows of tables, and we would find where we wanted to sit and keep standing until someone said grace in Latin then we sat to be waited.Our first course was goats cheese and tomatoes tart, our second was beef and some other meat (pate?) that was unkown, and third was this type of strawberry cheesecake trte that was AWESOME! Then of course coffee. After we ate people would sconce; one person would stand up and say 'I sconce all guests' and, since I was a guest, I would stand up and take a drink then sit back down. Someone called out spouses and Chase got too excited and went up too fast with his glass and spilled water all over himself. People we didnt even know were laughing at him. Sorry that Bach isnt in any of these photos. I cant really take a chicken to a formal dinner :p

3 comments: