Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Italy

During our trip we spent most of our time at Cinque Terre. It's five towns all connected by hiking trails all along the ocean. This is where Adam and I went cliff diving and Jill had her 17 scoops of icecream....thank gosh for hiking. In Italy everyone takes tanning very serious so the beaches are packed with Italians just lying around and its a very scary site. They wear close to nothing for swim suits. I was the only person their wearing a one peice swim suit and probably had the whitest skin there. The saddest part was the grandma's wearing a two peice and their swim suit showed everything...at this point my eyes started to burn.









On our way back to Germany we stopped at Verona. I touched Juliets boob with the sign "thats what she said" hope you like it Donna and Keith :) In Verona they had a market in the middle of the city where I began to shop for gifts. After I bought some flags I was trying to organize my crap while I still had my wallet out. A gypsy saw me and started to beg I kept on saying nine 'no' while trying to find Jill and Adam. After a good ten minutes the lady is still following me around untilI got really frustrated and gave the lady two american dimes (thinking I was clever).But the gypsy looked at the coins and threw them at me while cursing in Italian. That was the most funniest thing ever all I could do was laugh and run away.......

4 comments:

  1. Karlie!!!
    That was awesome! Thanks for the tribute. And you managed not to get arrested :) We miss you and can't wait to hear all your stories. It feels like you have been gone FOREVER! We are Karlie-sick (like homesick but Karlie). Spencer, Casey, the cats and the kids send their love. The fires have been dull without you. We mostly cry and talk about the times when you were here. Our conversations start with "You remember that one time when Karlie..." So Hurry home. See you soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So who is the drunk guy with no shoes in the picture above? Did you find him and feed him? Maybe you can keep him and bring him home. I think he would enjoy our fires.

    ReplyDelete
  3. heck ya man! I hang out with homeless people all the time!! His name is Joey and is a drunk. He tries to go to the alcholic meetings but he usually passes out before he gets there. Its a really sad story but he's really good at stalking which is why he is in most of my pictures. Poor guy haha we wouldnt want him at the fires. He would puke on them and light himself on fire then get added on the tv show '100 ways to die'

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks like you are having soooooooo much fun!! Thanks for the postcards, they are on our fridge! We miss you and can't wait for you to get home. You no longer have a pond in front of your house from my house peeing. It's more like a puddle now. The peeing problem has been solved!

    See ya soon! Brooke

    ReplyDelete